I enjoy reading these blogs.Some of them are full of information you could use in your life, some give your brain a boost and some are plain ole’ hilarious. Here are some of them.
1. Zen habits : My THE favorite blog. Created by Leo Babauta. In here you’ll find topics like simplifying your life, living frugally, parenting, happiness, motivation, eliminating debt, saving, eating healthily, successfully implementing good habits, and achieving goals.
2. Apartment therapy : This blog is all about designing and decorating homes. You’ll find some useful tips on that subject. Lots of DYI. And some amazing “Before and After” transformations.
3. Nerd fitness : If you want to get healthy without gym, make changes that stick, unlearn fitness lies, save the world; this is the perfect place to look. This blog is best combination of nerdiness and fitness,thus the name Nerd fitness.
4. The Art of Non-Conformity : Person behind this blog Chris Guillebeau is writer, traveler, and entrepreneur with the goal of visiting every country in the world while connecting with other world-changers. And he has achieved his goal,visited every country in the world. All 193 before his 35th B’day.
5. BLEUBIRD : A picture is worth a thousand words. Well here you’ll find beautiful pictures and thousand words too. Some great photography.
6. HACKER. NINJA. HOOKER. SPY. : HILARIOUS. Just one word to describe this blog. Don’t believe me? Go and see yourself.
I really like to read mystery/thriller novels. So this is what I brought from my library today. Now I go and enjoy it.
Usually I don’t read poems. But this one is my favorite. So for day 6 this is new element I am including in my post. With the photograph I’ve taken some time ago.
This is my delight,
thus to wait and watch at the wayside
where shadow chases light
and the rain comes in the wake of the summer.
Messengers, with tidings from unknown skies,
greet me and speed along the road.
My heart is glad within,
and the breath of the passing breeze is sweet.
From dawn till dusk I sit here before my door,
and I know that of a sudden
the happy moment will arrive when I shall see.
In the meanwhile I smile and I sing all alone.
In the meanwhile the air is filling with the perfume of promise.
– by Rabindranath Tagore
I have a confession to make. I am little afraid of darkness if I’m alone . Not that INNER kind of darkness but actual darkness. If there is a light then I am the most fearless person in the whole wide world. But leave me alone in the darkness and all kind of creepy things starts to enter my mind. Like there is someone standing behind me,someone is peeking through window etc etc.
Ok. Lets come to the point. As I mentioned in my earlier post that I love reading. I read all kind of books. Comedy, tragedy, thriller,mystery, romance, sci-fi, horror. Alright not so much horror but still I read it time to time. Ok now lets come to the point seriously.
So one fine day I went to the library and I saw this book ‘The Exorcist’ there. It looked interesting so I picked it. I started reading it at that night. As I was turning page after page I started to get little bit afraid after each page turning. I was alone in the room and only my bed side table-lamp was on. Everything else was in shadows. I finished reading novel sometime after 2:00.The whole story was playing in my mind again. The little girl, her mother,the priest,the act of performing exorcism. And I got scared, like really really scared.Then suddenly this creepy thought entered my mind that there is someone under my bed.And it really freaked me out. So the whole night I was up with every single light turned on in room. And I didn’t dare to look under my bed.
So the long story short, the very next day I removed legs off of my bed (it’s a folding bed). And put my bed plain on the floor without legs. Now I don’t have to be afraid of the thought that someone is there under my bed.
“You read too much, you should try and write something too.” My husband said one day. And it got me thinking. Yes i am a bookworm. I love reading. But writing is not my strong suit. There are so many thing going inside my head,but i often fail to put it in words. So with the help of this blog i am going to “try and write something.” That’s why i am here.
And now something about who i am. My name is Shivali and I am from India. I am Interior Designer and also holds a degree in Psychology. Beside reading I love watching movies, Drawing (although i became lazy and didn’t draw anything recently).
I like simplicity in life.Everyone who knows me says I’m quite lazy(in my defense I like to do things at time and style that suits me). I am kind of a shy person and have very few friends. And I hope to make some new friends through blogging. So this is something little about me for now.
As we all know with a every new year comes the new resolutions. Every year I make dozens of them just to forget them at the end of the first month. Its like a routine. Repeating each year. But not this time. This time I am not making a big list of things I want to do, instead I am taking it small and slow and easy.
I read a post on Zen Habits(one of my favorite blog) about how to stick to your new year resolutions. So the first thing is to choose a single thing out of your resolution list,and act on it for month or two until it becomes a habit. .Then move to next thing on list.
It looks quite easy.So lets do this.